National Minority Consultants (“NMC”) was incorporated in 2005 as a 100% Hispanic Women Owned minority firm, employing industry experts with the highest ethical standards. NMC is a municipal advisory firm registered with the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) and the SEC. Our professionals are Registered Municipal Advisors with the MSRB, who act in a fiduciary capacity for our clients.
NMC is a municipal financial advisory firm that provides the full range of financial consulting services to municipal issuers, including: strategic consulting, capital planning and budgeting, revenue and debt capacity forecasting, revenue allocation optimization, traditional and complex debt issue structures, credit upgrade evaluations and presentations, municipalization or privatization of services, and evaluation of derivative products. Our objective is to provide our clients with specialized services to obtain their financial and strategic goals.
National Minority Consultants provides benchmarking, arbitrage rebate and continuing disclosure-consulting services through strategic Partners.
As municipal advisors we provide the following services:
- Identify and analyze financing solutions and alternatives for funding capital improvement plans.
- Develop requests for proposals and qualifications for underwriters, bond and disclosure counsel, credit enhancement facilities, bank loans and investment products.
- Assist in the selection of underwriters. Advise on underwriter’s compensation, syndicate structure and bond allocations.
- Assist in developing the financing plan and timetable for any financing.
- Assist with competitive bond sales, including preparation of notice of sale and preliminary official statement, bid verification, true interest cost (TIC) calculations, reconciliations/ verifications of bidding platform, and obtaining CUSIP numbers.
- Provide advice on the method of sale, considering market conditions and visible supply of bonds in the municipal market.
- Assists with negotiated sales, including advice regarding retail order periods, institutional marketing, and analyzing of comparable bonds, and secondary market data.
- Prepare preliminary cash flows/ preliminary refunding analysis.
- Assist in preparation of rating agency strategies and presentations.
- Verify cash flow calculations.
- Coordinate with internal and external accountants, feasibility consultants, escrow agents, printers, and verification agents.
- Evaluate market conditions and pricing performance of senior manager and co- managers distribution of bonds.
- Manage the escrow bids and review the SLGS applications for structuring refunding.
- Plan and coordinate bond closings
- Prepare any required post-sale reports of bond sales.
- Analyze whether to use SLGS, or open markets and/or agency securities for purposes of the investment of bond proceeds based on a draw schedule.
- Assist with the preparation of arbitrage rebate compliance reports.
- Expressway Authorities
- Community Redevelopment Agencies
- Special Taxing Districts
- Taxable Debt
- Tax-Exempt Debt
- Variable Rate
- Fixed Rate Debt
- Bank Loans
- Lines of Credit